Earlier this month approximately 1,600 people in Britain were asked by YouGov to plot themselves on a ‘sexuality scale’. Invented by Alfred Kinsey in the 1940s, the Kinsey scale plots individuals on a range of sexual dispositions from exclusively heterosexual at 0 through to exclusively homosexual at 6. Where the original study had a large number of methods for placing people, YouGov simply asked people to place themselves on the sexuality scale. Below I’ve included some of the data points that I found most interesting.
- 72% of the British public place themselves at the completely heterosexual end of the scale
- 4% put themselves at the completely homosexual end of the scale
- 19% say they are somewhere in between – classed as bisexual in varying degrees by Kinsey
- 43% of 18-24 year-olds place themselves in the non-binary area
- 7% of respondents over age 60 identified any degree of bisexuality
Thanks for the…
View original post 33 more words